Dear SCIA members,
It is my honour to serve as the next President of the SCIA, and I look forward to building upon the solid foundations that have been laid by
the founding members and previous Boards. In 2013, SCIA will be represented by Kurt Kobel, Richard Siegel and myself, hoping and expecting that additional members will volunteer to contribute to the objectives of our association. We will further enhance the content of education, training and problem solving in competitive intelligence, meeting the statutory purpose of the association to:
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and networking;
- Promote the achievement of high standards of quality and greater efficiency (best practice);
- Promote content in education, training and problem solving;
- Promote a positive awareness and perception of competitive intelligence among key users and opinion leaders;
- Collaborate internationally in the field of competitive intelligence.
In addition, it is my personal ambition for this year to expand SCIA’s presence into the French-speaking part of Switzerland (Suisse romande). My aim is to double our member base by offering theme events in the region, and to advance a Swiss-wide network of peers, whether practitioners, consultant vendors or students. I will pay special attention to the organisational structure and procedures of the association, improve communication and focus on informing our membership about new developments and on-going initiatives in the CI community. I want to encourage involvement of our members in making SCIA a more attractive platform which is advantageous to all our present and future members. I look forward to working with and for you, to building SCIA into a nationwide, member centric association, which genuinely adds value to the development of CI professionals and to the promotion of the competitive intelligence discipline in an international environment.