SCIA members and friends to advertise any CI vacancies in this section. The format will include the date it has been uploaded, a short description of the job advertised and a direct contact for application.
If you are interested, please send the a.m. details directly to our website administrator Marcel Brussee (cc: Kurt Kobel).
28th September, 2013 - Market Intelligence Manager (Switzerland or US North East) - Update 21/10/2013: This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lonza - Basel Area, Switzerland
About this job
As a member of our Marketing Services team your tasks will include:
- collecting, tracking, analyzing and disseminating market and competitive intelligence for our cell therapy, peptides and antibody drug conjugates businesses
- proactive identification of business opportunities in close collaboration with business development, sales and other stakeholders
- providing summary reports of analyses to key stakeholders
- consistently using and improving standard strategic processes such as value proposition, country or region strategies and business plans
- support of project acquisition and sales process by providing actionable intelligence on customers, products and competition
- continuous optimization of functional activities together with the Marketing Services team members
- Pro-active personal development based on identified next generation intelligence skills
- The position can be located in our Basel, Switzerland headquarters of in the North Eastern US
Desired Skills and Experience
This position will suit candidates with an academic life science education and/or a marketing education with proven track record of strategic market/competitive intelligence (SCIP certification is desirable). More than 3 years work experience in the pharmaceutical industry or with a pharma CMO are required. You should be able to analyze large amounts of data and consolidate them in a structured manner. You are a service-oriented team player with strong interpersonal and analytical skills. You can balance competing priorities well and successfully collaborate with inter-disciplinary teams in a global setting. Fluency in English is a must.
About this company
Lonza is one of the world's leading suppliers to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and life science industries. Its products and customers’ services needs span from research to final product manufacture. Lonza is the global leader in the production and support of active pharmaceutical ingredients both chemically as well as biotechnologically.
Lonza is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange. In 2012, Lonza had sales of CHF 3.925 billion. Further information can be found on our website.